Saturday, April 4, 2020

Dreamworld


In 2016, four people died in dreadful circumstances at Dreamworld, when a water pump failed.

The Thunder River Rapids Ride was my favourite ride, but has since been rightfully closed forever.

The tragedy is terrible and very sad.  The reputation and attendance at Dreamworld, the largest (and my favourite) theme park in Australia has been severely impacted.

For those who live in Queensland the locals annual pass is the best value as you receive unlimited entry to Dreamworld, WhiteWater World and the SkyPoint Observation Deck.

We have visited Dreamworld several times in the past three years, since the accident, and found it to be very enjoyable with safety a priority.  However, we noticed that there were less people visiting as the queues were a lot less than they were before the accident.

The theme parks are closed at the moment due to the coronavirus, but hopefully, they can re-open in future.  At which time, I urge you to visit Dreamworld, if on the Gold Coast, as it is fun for all the family.

I haven't been on the giant drop, but the Tower of Terror on the side was one of my favourite rides!

Good on a hot day as you always get wet!

There are many rides for all age groups

Always a popular ride too

This one is pretty tame!

The Claw gets the adrenalin rushing. as it is 9 stories high and swings 360 degrees

There is an entire section of annuals, including the tiger experience.

There are rides of the littlies too
I missed taking photos of the Buzz Saw,  which would be the scariest ride (roller coaster) at Dreamworld, in my opinion.  Quite fitting as I had my eyes closed while riding it too!




3 comments:

  1. Looks colorful and enjoyable, thanks for sharing the pictures of Dream world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drop rides . . . I dislike drop rides. But other kinds are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do have a crazy streak!! I’d be looking for the toddler rides ...and the tigers.

    ReplyDelete