Thursday, April 30, 2020

Zoo - Australia Zoo


I don't like Zoos! I feel so sorry for the animals, who usually look miserable.  Therefore I usually avoid them.

On top of that, and against public opinion, I was not a fan of Steve Irwin.  I felt that he was an over the top showman.

A colleague, whom I trust implicitly, told me that I needed to make an exception for Australia Zoo.

She was right! I have changed my opinions.

It was immediately evident, that Australia Zoo's primary focus is conservation, followed by education.  The staff genuinely seem to care for the animals.

The Zoo is huge and the grounds are beautiful and immaculately maintained.  The animal enclosures are spotlessly clean, large and most importantly the animals seem happy, healthy, and were breeding.

The Irwins

The park is big so it is great that transport is provided, especially on a hot day!

The Meerkat on guard

I can watch the Giraffes for hours!

The 12 acres of the Africa enclosure was my favourite

Of course there was a crocodile show!

The bird show amazed me

Feeding of the otters

The tigers come right up to the glass so you can have a very close up look at them.


One tortoise looks happy to pose for the photo, but the other not so happy!


You shall fill the entire day very easily at Australia Zoo.


2 comments:

  1. Like you, I’ve never been a fan of Steve Irwin...I could say more but I won’t. Like you, even I agree that Australia Zoo is excellent...largely because of the space and maintenance. The Africa area is fabulous but I loathe the crocodile show...a great way to show people that crocs aren’t reaaalllly dangerous.

    ReplyDelete