Friday, April 17, 2020

Ocean

The one thing that I missed the most when living in North East Victoria was the ocean.

As a child, I spent most school holidays and many weekends at the family beach house, which is now my parent's home.  I spent many hours sitting on the jetty, listening to the ocean lapping and the gulls squawking with the smell of salt (and sometimes seaweed) in the air.  For me, the ocean has always been synonymous with relaxation.

 We may not be living in an ocean town, but we are close enough to visit the ocean on a regular basis.  We have travelled the world and have seen some wonderful beaches but I still feel that Queensland has some of the best beaches in the world and many different types of beaches and ocean views too.

Always different but always the same!

Miami Beach
Burleigh

Surfers Paradise
Tallebudgera Creek Inlet

Point Cartwright
Bribie Island
Bargara

Cairns
Southport
Surfers Paradise from Q1 tower
Shelly Beach


1 comment:

  1. Overseas readers will be green with envy at our empty beaches. Gorgeous photos. Even this Queenslander thinks West Australian beaches may be better than ours...gasp!!

    ReplyDelete